THE EYE NEVER TELLS A LIE

Wednesday, July 21, 2010



What is the price to pay?
I cant endure this injustice I go through each day
Humanity just seems so lost
The vanity of justice tell me
What will this cost?

As discrimination proceeds to the fullest
Now which one of us ya'll will stay the truest
Now I'm not saying I need you to sympathize
Just want you to look beyond the box and realize
So next time I testify
Will anyone justify?
Will we hold up the flame or let it die?
Will we keep on disregarding and live a lie?
Have you ever thought of maybe giving yourself permission to step up and try, step up and try?

Its the price of a prejudice
How much more will continue of this?
Instead of improvement we just get dismissed
Its the price of a prejudice
How much more will continue of this?
We seek for integrity
Still we get no equality
I'm holden down by chains til theres nothing more left of me
Left of me....

2 comments: